Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NTCMD & SSH Discovery Problem

All,

I’ve been asked to figure out UCMDB at my organization. The servers are up and running, and some discovery is running. The problem that I’ve got is that at this point I’m limited to one probe I’ve got control of and I’m not able to discover any Windows servers, although I’ve been able to discover some F5’s and other network devices.

I’ve got the credentials for NTCMD and WMI defined. The WMI creds are working, but not the NTCMD. When I check the NTCMD creds I get the message Connection Failed Error: Access is denied. Ports 135, 137-139 are all passing traffic. By using the same credentials via RDP I am able to login to the servers though. (NTCMD and WMI protocols are using the same set of credentials.

I’ve been told that NTCMD must be working to do the initial discovery, and then WMI will gather additional information. If that’s the case, why would I be seeing a handful of servers discovered?

I have also been able to verify that at least some of the credentials for SSH are working, but none of the Linux servers have been discovered in the ranges we have defined.

I'm not sure which logs I need to be looking at. I've checked the probe-error log, but I've not seen anything there that indicates why the connetion attempts are failing. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: NTCMD & SSH Discovery Problem

Hi Mark, Thank you for posting this question.

I am sorry for the delay on this reply.

You should check the communication log of one of the failed results.

Sometimes, this logs specifies the cause of the failed connection attempt.

How can you check this? It is very easy.

Please go to the discovery job results > Go to the Failed results count > Select and right-click the result you want to analyze > Select View Communication Log on the Debug options.

Once its open, you can see the general information about the node and all the discovery process against that node.

If you don't find the cause there, you should open a support case. The support team should be able to help you with that 🙂

Let me know if you need more information. I will be glad to assist you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.