Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NTCMD access denied

I'm getting access denied when trying to NTCMD.   I know the account credentials are correct and that the account is a local administrator of my target servers.

I found this article from 2012:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/uCMDB-Support-Customer-Forum/NTCMD-Discovery-on-Windows-2008-Servers/m-p/5729367#M96

I'm on UCMDB 10.11 CUP2 and UDCP 14.03.230.  Does the fix from this topic help?  Here it is below.

• On the probe machine, start Registry Editor by running the regedit executable file.
  • In Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
  • Under this key, there may be a REG_DWORD value called SCMApiConnectionParam:
    • If this value is missing, add a new REG_DWORD value called SCMApiConnectionParam and set its value to 0x80000000.
    • If this value is already available in the registry, combine it with the 0x80000000 mask (using bitwise OR). For example, if there was a value 0x1 there, you would need to set this value to 0x80000001.
    • After that you need to restart the probe for the change to take effect.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: NTCMD access denied

You can also run this from the probe using HpCmd.exe.  This may pinpoint the exact problem more easily than relying on some older KB article:

For example, cd to the directory containing HpCmd.exe: C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probeGateway\discoveryResources

Then execute the command you want to run (dir is a good test)

HPCmd.exe \\silver.usa.hp.com /user:administrator /pwd:mypassword dir

And examine the output.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: NTCMD access denied

I ended up perfoming the procedure mentioned above to modify the registry on the probe server as it was also mentioned recently here:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/uCMDB-Support-Customer-Forum/Experts-Day-Question-NTCMD-Credential-Check-Fails-Between/m-p/6512112/highlight/true#M2320

It did the trick when testing credentials for NTCMD.  I am also no longer receiving access denied messages during discovery. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.