Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

NTCMD to WMI protocols

Hi Team,

We are using NTCMD protocols for our discovery jobs and would now need to move to WMI.

Request you to please let us know the procedure and steps on what needs to be done for moving from NTMCD to WMI.

Any documents or PDF would be of great help.

Thank you.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: NTCMD to WMI protocols

You could do this by creating enrichment that will remove NTCMD client CI from nodes. Then remove specifc ranges from NTCMD credentials  (preventing reconnection with NTCMD). Rerun Host COnnection by WMI and you should be good.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Dima,

Thank you for  your reply. I have read in a document that

WMI runs on DCOM which uses a dynamic port (between 1024 and 65535)

NTCMD uses NetBIOS using the ports: UDP Ports 137 (netbios_ns), 138 (netbios_dg) and TCP 139 (netbios_ss) for SMB access

Request you to please let me know if I need to change any port setting or open any ports also how to create an Enrichment for NTCMD to remove client CI from nodes. I am not sure of doing this.

Thank you.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

WMI is standard Windows protocol. It's usually open everywhere.

To make an enrichment, start from TQL that will have set of hosts you want to move from NTCMD to WMI discovery and connect Shell CIT. Switch to enrichment mode, right click on Shell and choose delete.

Save enrichment as not active.

Schedule the run.

30 mins after scheduled time come to the system and check that enrichment TQL returns zero results.

Rerun WMI discovery.

I'd recommend to not just follow my recommendations but read system documentation about enrichments. this will help you with understanding of the concept.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Dima,

Thank you for the steps. I will read the documentation and also follow your steps and will keep you updated on how it goes.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: NTCMD to WMI protocols urgent

Experts does anyone have the latest the protocol permissions  and discovery job schedules  documentation.Is there any change in the 10.20 protocols and permissions?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.