Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Need assistance building a pattern based model

Here's the scenario: I want to build a pattern based model to relate a Location CI to a Node based on the IP address that's currently related to the Node.

An example would be all nodes in the 192.168.1.* range belong to Data Center A (which would be a created Location CI). I have a Node related to IP address 192.168.1.150 so it needs to add a relationship from the Node to Data Center A.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Need assistance building a pattern based model

Hi,

For what product or solution is this inquiry intended?

Thanks,
Warren
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

We're running uCMDB 10.22. The purpose for this model is to utilize the Location CI's that appear at the top of the uCMDB Browser advanced search window by assigning all of our servers to the Data Center location where they reside.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I would expect you would need an enrichment rule (or several) to associate IPs to a Location as this doesn't seem to fit the use case for dynamic modeling.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Just create an enrichment rule to create a relation from node to location based on ip address.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.