Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NetApp Filer Discovery Missing CI Types

Using UCMDB 10.11 CUP2 CP 14.03.230.

After discovery a couple of our NetApp filers, the UCMDB only shows the following CI types created for both filers:

Interface

IpAddress

LogicalVolume

Per the documentation, I should be seeing the following CI types discovered in addition to the CI types above:

CPU

FileSystem

FileSystemExport

Logical Volume Snapshot

Logical Volume

Memory

The discover job "NetApp Filer by WebServices" is completing without error.

My storage admins have enabled the following commands for the user account used by NetApp Protocol:

login-http-admin
api-system-get-info
api-system-get-ontapi-version
api-ipspace-list-info
options-get
api-volume-list-info-iter-start
api-volume-list-info-iter-next
api-volume-list-info-iter-end
api-snapshot-list-info
api-cifs-share-list-iter-start
api-cifs-share-list-iter-next
api-cifs-share-list-iter-end
api-cifs-session-list-iter-start
api-cifs-session-list-iter-next
api-cifs-session-list-iter-end
api-nfs-exports-list-rules
api-system-cli
cli-ifconfig

Are there any commands I'm missing?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: NetApp Filer Discovery Missing CI Types

Hi

I am uCMDB Sofware Support representative.

This could be a connection issue.

Would you please verify if have the ONTAP SDK 3.5.1. installed on the filer. Because of this the connection cannot be established.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: NetApp Filer Discovery Missing CI Types

I figured some of it out.   Turns out the Discovery Job "NetApp Filer by WebServices" doesn't have getNetworkShareInfo and getSnapShotInfo set to true.  So I enabled those parameters and now I can discover more about the Filers.

Still don't see CPU information yet.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.