Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Node in Default Node category despite of successful host connection

Hi,

Please help me to understand below issue.

I have discovered few unix server with host connection by shell.

The connection job was successful also its hostname got resolved as per communication log. But still it is showing  its hostname as      " 10.X.X.X_default node" and it is under CIT "NODE" . It is supposed to bein "UNIX " category.

What could be the cause as inspite of successful connection , other details are not getting discovered. and IP addres doesnot get resolved to hostname.

I have attached communication log herrewith.

with regards,

Nick

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Node in Default Node category despite of successful host connection

There is no OBSH vector info in comm log.

Could you please change adapter settings per screenshot, rerun discovery and publish new comm log?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.