Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

On UCMDB 2019.05 how do I determine the usage of UDI vs UDF licenses

Jump to solution

I don't see anything in the UCMDB.2019.05 UI or in the UCMDB jmx-console to provide a breakdown of the licenses we are using or how close we might be the running out of licenses.  I can get the capacity of licenses, but not the usage.  I would hope there is a way.

Thanks,
Mel

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Dear @Mel Farber ,

In UCMDB 11.x, MF removed the license status from UCMDB-UI and shifted it to UCMDB Browser. To get license details follow below steps.

Login to embedded UCMDB Browser using below URL.

https://<fqdn>:8443/ucmdb-browser

Navigate to Help -> About -> License 

Click on License Status which will show you the consumed license summary. Also you will find the export option at the top.

Best Regards,

Rohit N.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can't as in UCMDB 11.x we don't have the concept of UDI or UDF.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Okay, but how do I determine how many licenses I have used versus how many I installed.  We made a guesstimate about the licenses we needed.  We could be high or worse low.  I would like to prepare the customer if we are low.

Thanks,

Mel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Dear @Mel Farber ,

In UCMDB 11.x, MF removed the license status from UCMDB-UI and shifted it to UCMDB Browser. To get license details follow below steps.

Login to embedded UCMDB Browser using below URL.

https://<fqdn>:8443/ucmdb-browser

Navigate to Help -> About -> License 

Click on License Status which will show you the consumed license summary. Also you will find the export option at the top.

Best Regards,

Rohit N.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thank you.  I found it.

Stupid question.  Why is it in the browser help and not in the UI help.  I'll check if regular users can see the licenses.  I am logged in with my Admin account.  I don't think it matters if regular users see the usage, but it is still a odd place to put the license usage.

Thanks for the help.

Mel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It's not the Browser, it's the New UI and the entire UI functionality is being slowly moved to the New UI.
When we introduced the new licensing mechanism we decided to implement the new License status page directly in the New UI so we won't need to migrate it later on.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Okay.  Any idea when the UI will be released.  I know you are not at liberty to say.

Thanks,
Mel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The New UI is already released for almost 2 years but it's not yet complete as we're still migrating components.

Last Friday we released CMS 2019.11 which comes with 2 extra new features for the New UI 

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:2019.11/ReleaseNotes

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Yes, MF is migrating all components to new CMS UI and it is really fascinating. MF is releasing the new version every quarter now. Please follow the MF documentation site for new release of different MF tools.

https://docs.microfocus.com/RPA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I am currently migrating from 10.22 production to new servers for 2019.05.  I see there is 2019.11.  It may make sense to some and to MF, but I cannot upgrade every 3 months or 6 months.  I can apply CUPs, but upgrading the server requires a lot of approvals and reasons.

Is 2019.11 a good place with new UI and other features to standardize on or will there be a more complete version to wait for.

Thanks,
Mel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hello Mel,
10.33 is the last supported version which still hase CUPs.
Each CMS version will have new modules for the New UI and of course fixed defects if it's the case. I would chose 2019.11 for the DFP setup (IPs and credentials and Rest API capabilities) and the new feature to simulate the CP deployment.
Unfortunately the New UI version is strictly tied with the server version so if you need a new feature then you will need to upgrade. Better do it now while you're still upgrading from 10.22. You will still have to use an intermediate version from where to upgrade to 11.5 or 11.6 (if you chose to go for 2019.11)
Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I am confused.  I would upgrade to 2019.11.  My current version is 2019.05 or 11.5.0 build 217.  The CP is 2019.08 build 104.  My 2019.05 was not an upgrade.  It was a clean install, with coping of data I could get over.

I would think I could upgrade my 2019.05 directly to 2019.11 or am I wrong.  Not sure yet I will do that, but first I would test.

Thanks,
Mel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.