Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Oracle Parameter "RECYCLEBIN" default for UCMDB install

Jump to solution

I had a customer ask me this week about why the Oracle parameter RECYCLEBIN is supposed to be set to "Off" for the database setup for the HP UCMDB (it's in the 10.10 database guide.) I believe the customer organization standard is to set it "On" so they can more easily recover dropped tables.

Anyone know why the recommendation is for "Off" instead of "On"? My best guess is something performance related, but I coudn't find anything definite in that regard.

Thanks in advance,
-Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Oracle Parameter "RECYCLEBIN" default for UCMDB install

Jump to solution

UCMDB is very intensive in using DB. For instance, during  calculation of complacated TQLs intermediate results are saved in TEMP tables. We are frequently creating and dropping those tables. So, It's all about performance, in my opinoin.

BTW, we are not recommending to create indexes for TEMP tables from the same reason.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Oracle Parameter "RECYCLEBIN" default for UCMDB install

Jump to solution

UCMDB is very intensive in using DB. For instance, during  calculation of complacated TQLs intermediate results are saved in TEMP tables. We are frequently creating and dropping those tables. So, It's all about performance, in my opinoin.

BTW, we are not recommending to create indexes for TEMP tables from the same reason.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.