Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Oracle database connection error

Hi,

Few oracle databases are not getting connected for Oracle database connection by sql job though the same are showing successful connection for the given port manually.

Below is the error 

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
SQL: Internal error. Details: Cannot connect to database. See logs for more details

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
Failed to connect using all protocols

Also checked credential with check credential option but though the credentials are correct, still it is showing below error.

Connection Failed:
Following parameters are not defined: sqlprotocol_dbsid

Please suggest how to resolve the issue.

with regards,

Nick

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Oracle database connection error

Hello Nick,

I have checked that, too. I have the same result. When I use check credentials for Generic DB Protocol (SQL) I have got that message:

Following parameters are not defined:
sqlprotocol_dbsid

Here is a how I managed to troubleshoot that:

Click with the right mouse button on your credential row and choose ‘edit by previous interface’. There, type your Oracle System ID (SID) for your DB into the filed Instance name. After that, the checking credentials passes.

Best Regards,
Nikola

------------------------
Nikola Todorov
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I made necessary changes but still showinng connection error.

Now the check credential error is changed . Please check attached snapshots.

Also let me know which logs need to check in this case and if I want to put log details in debug mode, then which logger need to change???

Please suggest.

with regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Nick,

I am attaching bellow a screenshot for better orientation.
The check credentials functionality does not support log records.

Best Regards,
Nikola

------------------------
Nikola Todorov
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

thanks for the reply. But why it is showing connection error and check credential error as well.

Please let  me know how to resolve the issue.

with regards,

Nick

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.