Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Password for jmx-console for UCMDB 11.X

Jump to solution

I just installed UCMDB. 2018.11

During the installation I had specified passwords for admin, sysadmin and UISysadmin.  The admin got me into the UCMDB Administrator UI, but specifying sysadmin for the user and what I set as the password doesn't get me access to the java-console.  I have tried typing in the password and copying and pasting, but neither works.  I know the password is correct because I typed it in during the installation and also via a copy and paste.

Any suggestions?  Is there a way to reset the sysadmin password from the command line?

I have also tried the admin and UISysadmin users and password.

I have not put in any licenses yet.  Could that be a cause of the problem?

Thanks,

Mel

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Password for jmx-console for UCMDB 11.X

Jump to solution

https://localhost:8443/jmx-console ?
Keep in mind that after 3 failed attempts that user will be locked for 10 minutes.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

It might be remote access issue? are you accessing from different machine from the server? I think out of the box only local server is allowed access.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I am on the UCMDB server.

Mel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

https://localhost:8443/jmx-console ?
Keep in mind that after 3 failed attempts that user will be locked for 10 minutes.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Bogdan,

I had waited more than 10 minutes, but your response did trigger something.  Sometimes I can get in with the FQDN of the server and sometimes only with localhost.  I have never figured why that happens.  In any event I used the localhost and I got in.

Thanks,
Mel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Starting with 10.30 we allow access to JMX console only via localhost. There are some settings to override to allow it via FQDN.

Does it work now?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Bogdan,

Everything is good.

Thanks,
Mel

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Bogdan,

I have a related question.  The old URL for the DFP was http://localhost:1977.  That doesn't seem to work, but port 8453 does.  Is this a change or what my configuration just picked.

Thanks,
Mel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.