Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

PostgreSQL Database for UCMDB 10.10 and CM 10.10

Hi,

I have just finished the install of UCMDB 10.10 on Windows 2008 server and using embedded PostgreSQL database. I cnow wish to install CM 10.10 on the same server and was under the impression that I could use the same PostgreSQL database. However when I get to choose database I have only two options, Oracle and MSSQL.

Can I use the PostgreSQL database that I installed for UCMDB for CM 10.10 and if so, how do I select it during the installation process?

On page 10 of the Support Matrix I see the following...

Database Version Edition     System                           Type                     Supported Products
PostgreSQL Server 9.22      Enterprise                  64-bit                       UCMDB
                                                                                                                             Configuration Manager

Kind Regards

Graham

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: PostgreSQL Database for UCMDB 10.10 and CM 10.10

Hi,

Maybe I need to elaborate. I am a relative newbie to CMS.

We have a AE license for uCMDB. I wanted to install the product to one Windows server since it is a small environment. I downloaded the folowing software from the HP site since I was under the impression that this is what we have purchased (HP Discovery & Dependency Mapping Advanced Edition OS Instance SW E-LTU) ...

Software_HP_UCMDB_UD_10.10_Windows_MLU_TF236-15007

Software_HP_UCMDB_Configuration_Manager_10.10_Windows_MLU_TF236-15005

These two downloads have the following install executables...

On the UD media:

HPUCMDB_Server_10.10.exe

HPUCMDB_DataFlowProbe_10.10.exe

On the CM media:

HPCM_10.10.exe

I first installed the UD component with embedded PostgreSQL database.

After this I wanted to install the CM component but could only select Oracle or MSSQL database, I therefore installed a seperate MSSQL database followed by the CM component.

Is this correct? Was this the right procedure that I should follow? I was under the impression (see first thread) that the CM component would also use the PostgreSQL database. Please assist.

Kind Regards

Graham

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Graham ,

Could you please confirm your inteneded goal you want to install HP UCMDB (with UD)? or UCMDB with CM ???

Installing HP uCMDB +UD on embedded Postgresql is as per guidlines i believe except i think HP wont support this in Linux environment .

The Concept of CM with HP uCMDB is bit different.

It is maily used as CCRM --Change Configuration Release Management Component tool .

Could you please refer below article from HP software Support forum

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1413556

hope this helps please revert with more details.

Cheers
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi

Thanks for the response. So to be clear, the CM component is not part of what I have been licensed for?

Kind Regards

Graham

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Graham ,

Thinks are bit complicated from licensing i would advice check the supplied entitlement or please log a ticket to HP sales team

Hope this helps

Cheers:)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

@Graham Van der vaart 

Consultant13's advice is spot on. If you'd like, send me a PM and I can connect you with the appropriate Account Manager. They will be able to assist.

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

It's currently not supported. Enhancement request was raised. You could track it on HP SSO at http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1H90943 .

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks Dima, I appreciate your feedback.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.