Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Prepare a TQL for servers where antivirus is NOT Installed

Jump to solution

Hi All

I need to prepare a TQL which gives me the report where Symantec(Antivurus) is NOT installed .

I have extracted a report to find where the Symantec is installed .

Can someone help me on this or give me pointers .

Regards

AA

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Prepare a TQL for servers where antivirus is NOT Installed

Jump to solution

Does it show results with cardinality untouched? If not, then problem must be in %symantec%. I just proposed this from the top of my head, I have no idea what this software is called in your environment. By the way, with wildcards the operator needs to be "Like ignore case", not "Equal ignore case". From your post it's not clear what operator you are using.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Assuming that you have a TQL with 2 objects (node ---> running sw for example), you should use cardinality. The default is 1 ... * Assuming that the running sw in this TQL is "discoveredproductname=symantec" then you can set cardinality to 0 ... 0 which means: all nodes that have 0 running sw's with attribute value "symantec". This would give you all nodes that don't have any symantec running sw's under them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

@SilverV . It doesnt seems to work. It shows the count as 0

I have used Node ->Managed Relation->InstalledSoftware

In installed software attribute : Display Name  ignore case %symantec% and changed the cardinality to 0..0

It gives 0 count, whihc is not correct .

Regards

AA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Does it show results with cardinality untouched? If not, then problem must be in %symantec%. I just proposed this from the top of my head, I have no idea what this software is called in your environment. By the way, with wildcards the operator needs to be "Like ignore case", not "Equal ignore case". From your post it's not clear what operator you are using.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

@SilverV..

Yes I am using Display Label Like ignore case "%symantec%"

With Cardinality as 1..* it gives me result .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

This definitely should work, I even tested to make sure.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

@SilverV : Oki . This is what I am doing :

Create a manged relation between Node and Installed Software . Changed the attribute in Installed software as %symantec% , changed the cardinality in both the CIT(Node and Installed Software ) to 0..0 . I am getting some result now . Cheking further with system admin .

But is this correct to change the cardinality in both the CIT .

Regards

AA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

In this case, the cardinality needs to be set to 0...0 on the parent (node). This will automatically set it on the child.. This is why changing them both works, but it's less work to just set it on the parent.
I'm thinking, you probably originally set it on the installed_sw instead. Try changing it for the node only, it should work.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.