Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Prerequisites for ucmdb implementation

Hi Team,

I wanted to know the Prerequisites for ucmdb implementation , as i need to to implement agentlesss deplyoment for 5000 servers for inventory discovery .

So please can you guide me what steps to be needed to implement UCMDB.

Thanks in advance !  !

Regards,

Deepak

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Prerequisites for ucmdb implementation

Deepak,

This is an open ended question, there are a lot of things to factor with a UCMDB deployment in terms of hardware, architecture,  discovery probe deployment for network access, integrations and integration probes, load balanced, will you use a standalone or embedded Browser, will you use LDAP for authentication and a lot more. I highly suggest reading the UCMDB Support Matrix PDF which has a section on requirements, sizing and compatibility and if this is for 10.22, check the Sizing Guide PDF

If you are looking for a quick answer, 5,000 servers is not a huge agentless discovery deployment.
You can use one server for UCMDB, 1 or 2 probes for Discovery (depending on what version of UCMDB), 1 database Oracle or MSSQL

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
Highlighted
New Member.

ucmdb implementation plan

Hi All

I just picked up  a new project for implementing UCMDB (application server/Database server/Configuration manager server/ Data Flow Prob Server/Asset Manager application and DB server) for a large client base. Could anyone provide me with an existing e2e implementation plan please ?  I just want something I can use to reflect on and use as a foundation for bulding my plans.

P.S. my scope includes design/ infrastructure build/networks/applications/test/go live

Many Thanks

Ben

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.