Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Prevent reconciliation based on IP addresses

I have three sets of servers in my environment where each set makes up a cluster. In each of these clusters, the servers (server1, server2, server3) have a few interfaces that are not routed, and only communicate with their fellow cluster members. However, in each of the clusters, those non-routed addresses are re-used. So server1 in each cluster will have a regular routed IP address, and three other addresses that are the SAME IN EACH ENVIRONMENT. This is problematic because when a server is discovered, 75% of the IP's match a server in another cluster and UCMDB reconciles them together.  

Is there a way for me to prevent this?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Prevent reconciliation based on IP addresses

When I go into CI Type Manager and select the Computer CI and Details,  I get the following:

Nodes are identified using OS identifiers (e.g. IP addresses, Net Bios Name) , hardware identifiers (e.g. MAC addresses, Serial Number) or UD Unique identifier (i.e. UdUniqueId).  Two nodes are considered to be the same node if they have the same information for at least one of the following identifiers:

OS identifiers include:
  * Name
  * 66% of their IP Addresses'
  * 66% of their IP Addresses' Authoritative DNS Name
  * Net Bios Name
  * SNMP System Name

Hardware identifiers include:
  * 66% match of their Interfaces' MAC Addresses
  * BIOS Serial Number
  * BIOS UUID
  * Serial Number
  * BIOS Asset Tag

Universal identifier is:
   * UdUniqueId

Two similarly identified nodes will be always be considered different entities in case of mismatch of one of the following:
  * Operation System Family
  * Asset Tag of their Assets
  * Cluster Resource Group

If you click the View button you will get the code behind it. You could try changing the 66 value for IP addresses to something else like 85 or 100 or you could add something else to the mismatch section.

Sorry I can't give you the code you need use. I have not edited any of these yet. Its on my list also.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.