Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Gail D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Probe is not available

I'm new to ucmdb and I'm trying to integrate ucmdb w/DDMi and when I test the connection I receive the following error message:
"Test connection has failed on probe. probe is not available".

All suggestion will be helpful.
Thanks,
Gail

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum MOderator

0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.. NagendraPaladi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Probe is not available

Hi Gail,

Check if the Probe service is up and running.

Regards,
Nagendra Swamy.
0 Likes
Gail D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, the probe is running. We also installed BSM which comes with a ucmdb. We are able to integrate the BSM/ucmdb with DDMi but receive this error with uCMDB. Even with using the same settings.
0 Likes
Gail D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also, when I test the connection it shows connected but when I select OK I get the following error:
"error code 802: general data store error in DDMi" and "failed in HTTP invoker remote service".

Any ideals?
0 Likes
Absent Member.. NagendraPaladi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Try to restart the probe and check.

Take back up of all the IP Ranges, credentails and remove the probe on uCMDB and re-add it.

Regards,
Nagendra Swamy
0 Likes
Gail D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did what you suggested and even uninstalled/reinstall DDMa and still receive the same errors.

any other suggestion?
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. haytham_hosny Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi ,

please make sure for the following:

- make sure that you follow the right integration steps as per HP guide

- make sure the your probe is functional and connected to UCMDB.

- make sure that the probe console doesn't gave any error message.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Majdi Nimri Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

I am using DDMI and the DDmi services are running but when i test the connection i get a probe not available error

i was wondering what are the requested credentials ? shall i enter new one or use an already defined one ? shall i do any work on the DDmi part ?

0 Likes
Contributor.. lana qasem Contributor..
Contributor..

hello

if we are using ddmi and ucmdb integration why do we need the probe ? it is not mentioned in the integration document

i am facing the same issue and the integration is not working 😞

please help

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.