Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Probe is not processing some auto_MZ_xxx.xsf files

Hi:

Recently in one of our probes we have seen daily many scanfiles in sending folder called auto_MZ_xxxxx.xsf.

These files are generated by the InventoryDiscoveryByScanner job and are not processed by the probe, they stay in the sending folder indefinitley.

We have investigated the issue and in the communication log of the nodes we have seen that the InventoryDiscoveryByScanner workflow stops after 10 retries of the "Wait XML Enricher Process" step. This is the normal behaviour, because in the adapter the maxretry in the "Wait XML Enricher Process" step is 10.

But, any ideas why the probe don't process this files?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Probe is not processing some auto_MZ_xxx.xsf files

Hey chuchi,

the enriching process is handled by an external process, which should be running. The process is required to make the software recognition and attribute transformations. 

enricher.PNG

If this service is not running, you can check XmlEnricherService.log why it has stopped. It may be caused by java memory heap errors.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hello popadiyski:

Of course, the service is started. The problem is not occurs with all scan files, only with some.

We have no errors related to memory heap in the log file.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I have seen this problem happening because the Antivirus locks the files and prevents the DFP of deleting them. Can you confirm that the  mentioned send files are sent to UCMDB (By checking InventoryScanner startuptime) ?

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hello popadiyski:

I confirm you that the files dont send to the UCMDB. I look at the IT Universe Manager in the UCMDB to look to this nodes and i dont found them.

The files in the sending folder of the DFP are the "core enriched scan files", I think it is these files that are sent to the UCMDB.

Any more ideas about this problem?

Is there any log in the UCMDB side that i can see the files receiving by the DFP?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi chuchi,

If you fail on Wait XML Enricher Process this means that the enricher didn't process the inventory files. Based on the default configuration timeouts, there should have passed 9 hours until the waiting stopped with the timeout exceeded. 

<step name="Wait XML Enricher Process" failure-policy="mandatory">
            <module type="jython">WaitEnricherProcess.py</module>
            <!--<eventParking timeout="43200000" eventName="enrichedFileFound" />-->
            <timeoutParking>
                <initialTimeout>1800000</initialTimeout>
                <retriesThreshold>2</retriesThreshold>
                <multipleBy>2</multipleBy>
                <maxRetry>10</maxRetry>
                <timeoutThreshold>3600000</timeoutThreshold>
            </timeoutParking>
        </step>

My conclusion is that you should look at the xmlenricher log file and check in reality how long it took the files to process. Or check the timestamps for file's lastaccesstime and see what's the difference from the time the processing has begun in the communicatoin log. 

In any case, your XMLEnricher service memory and/or processor are overloaded. There are few ways to treat that overload:

1. Give more processor/memory power to the XMLEnricher+DFP probe. There is a sizing guide which has the recommended settings based on the load.

2. Increase the timeout time, mentioned in the settings excerpt above. You can set it to fail after 20 retries for example

3. Add more probes and put them into probe cluster or divide the ranges and execute them on different schedule time so the scan files not to come at the same time for processing. 

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.