Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Probe not turning up in UCMDB Server

I have installed the probe on a server and the services run okay. However the probe is not turning up in the list of probes that the UCMDB can see in "Data Flow Setup"

The UCMDB version is 10.2 but the probe is version 9.2 I was ging to allow the UCMDB to update it once connected. 

How can I see if the probe is actually contavcting the UCMDB server?

Regards

Stephen

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Probe not turning up in UCMDB Server

Hello Stephen , 

I hope you are doing well . 

Ucmdb needs to have all the Probes at the same version to create a connection between them . 

Best Regards , 

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was under the understanding that when the connection is done the UCMDB server would update the probe once contacted. Are you saying that UCMDB can only update a probe if it is a pre-existing connection?

The scenario being you update your UCMDB server from 9.2 to 10.2. You can then  update any exisitng probes to 10.2 through the UCMDB server. However any subsequent Probes installations will have to be10.2and the UCMDB server cannot update them from 9.2.

Is the above correct.

Can you tell me what the probe does once up and running to establish a connection. Does it contact the the server and then the server downloads information to it for it's DB creation? What can I expect to see in the logs

Regards

Stephen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello Stephen , 

Thanks for your response . 

We have the possibility to "Upgrade the Probe" in UI however this option is only in a minor upgrades however this is a major and we need to re-install all the probes to establish a connection with the 10.2 version .

Please follow all the steps that the Deployment Guide provide us to do a Probe installation . 

Also , please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concern about this process. 

Best Regards , 

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.