Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Shilei Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Probe status doesn't show in UCMDB UI

Hello expert,

I installed UCMDB 10.01 and probe on seperate servers, even i tried probe on same server. I got the same issue- probe status doesn't show in UCMDB UI- DFP status and DFP setup. we get the strange error:

<2014-03-05 11:11:12,327> [ERROR] [ProbeGW Task Results Sender] (TaskResultsSenderThread.java:270) - Failed sending results to the server, will retry later
java.lang.Exception: Server returned invalid response: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.communication.client.DiscoveryClient.sendResultsToServer(DiscoveryClient.java:677)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.sending.TaskResultsSenderThread.sendToServer(TaskResultsSenderThread.java:569)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.sending.TaskResultsSenderThread.processTaskResults(TaskResultsSenderThread.java:201)
at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.sending.TaskResultsSenderThread.run(TaskResultsSenderThread.java:151)

i attached the full probe-error.log here

0 Likes
3 Replies
Shilei Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Probe status doesn't show in UCMDB UI

I have tried to reinstall them but no change. I attached server error.log as well

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Dima Gomel Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Please use FQDN instead of localhost when you connecting.

Most probably this will do the magic.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. cberry83 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Telnet using the port you have stipulated in your conf file. I use 80 but had the same issue because it defaults to 8080.

If you can telnet to CMS then the port is open and your conf file needs updating

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.