Highlighted
New Member.

Problem connecting to MSSQL Database

Jump to solution

I am trying to connect to our DB schema in order to do an upgrade from 9.05 to 10.01.  I am getting the following error on the UCMDB server side:

Caused by: com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.base.CmdbException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddd0: [mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver]The SQL Server login requires an SSL connection.

On the SQL server side I am seeing the following error in the application logs:

The prelogin packet used to open the connection is structurally invalid; the connection has been closed. Please contact the vendor of the client library.

Any idea what could be going on?  The upgrade went fine when we did this in dev a few months back.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Problem connecting to MSSQL Database

Jump to solution

Hi Adam,

Yes. You're correct, UCMDB does not support encryption between ucmdb and mssql dbs.

Thanks for confirming your server version. 

Have you try changing that option to no? Are there any other servers having this issue as well?

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

The problem might be as a result of incorrect syntax of the merge SQL. This error happened because the database's compatibility level might be set to SQL server 2005 (compatibility_level = 90).

As a workaround, you can use the following SQL query to change to compatibility level:
ALTER DATABASE <DB_NAME> SET COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL = 100

Hope this helps,
Ana Acosta-Diaz
"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

In addition to my comments above, with respect to that error message:

The prelogin packet used to open the connection is structurally invalid; the connection has been closed. Please contact the vendor of the client library.

We came across with the error before, try re-installing the SQL Server Native Client.

Hope this helps,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

I'm assuming I reinstall it on the ucmdb server?  Do I even need the Native Client installed?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

After reviewing the error.log, I also found the following error:

2014-04-09 09:17:03,376 [AWT-EventQueue-0] (SchemaUpgradeToolImpl.java:40) WARN  - NOTE! hasSchemaChanged method returned 'true' even though the db schema version wasn't checked. This situation occurs when the URM table structure changed on minor upgrade, and this setting value is queried before schema upgrade ran.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Yes, I apologize for the confusion, please reinstall it on the ucmdb server

"HP Support

Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

This did not resolve the issue.  Anything else I can try?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Let me try to recreate your scenario and get back to you with the results

"HP Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Adam,

Can you also provide me with the complete log, to ensure a proper analysis is made.

Regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Adam,

Thanks for providing me with the log file. I will be reviewing the log in more depth and contact you with my analysis.

Just to confirm have you have you enable the SSL encryption, do you have all the latest SQL Server service pack installed?

Regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Can you elaborate on the SSL?  I haven't been able to find any SSL settings and as far as I know it is not needed.  Is the SQL service pack needed on the SQL side?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.