Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Problem with Discovery of MS SQL Server

Hello Support,

i want to discover one SQL server and have done following.

1) configure and tested the sql credentials.

2) added IP address of SQL server in IP ranges.

3) added nt ci in RTSM/CMDB where SQL is running.

Problem is while configuring the discovery Job. when i click on green plus sign i get a error message "No appropriate new CIs exist" whereas i have verified from IT universe manager that nt CI does exist. below is the screenshot.

mssql_discovery_job.JPG

am i missing something?

-KAKA-

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Problem with Discovery of MS SQL Server

Hello,

I recommend to open a ticket with Support team since they will proceed to do a deep investigation about this issue. 

We need to check the communication log, the logs, see what is the version of the server, etc. 

PLease proceed open the ticket and I'm sure that they will help you. 

Kind Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

First check whether nt disocvery is done properly and sql db instance has been detected. If sql instance is available on those nt servers, then only sql instances got selected for the mentioned selected job and further deep disocvery will be done.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

I think your probe is disconnected!

Regards,

Serdar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.