Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Problem with enrichment. Are trying to handle duplicate MySQL databases.

Jump to solution

We have a couple of MySQL databases that are duplicates. The databases are moved from one server to another one. 

I need to handle this in some way. I started with an enrichment. I guess an query with 2 ci-type database where I do a join for app ip and port will give me the databases. And in that case I probably would be able to create an enrichment rule that deletes the oldest one (with oldest LastAccessTime). 

But I have 1 more challenge. The original database has a containment from a Business Application and before I delete the orginal database I want to create a containment from the Business Application to the "new" database. And after that we can delete the orginal database.

When I try to create a containment from the BA to the database it says:

Node or Relationship element in query is required.

See attached file. Any ideas?

Wbr / Fredrik

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: Problem with enrichment. Are trying to handle duplicate MySQL databases.

Jump to solution

Solved it.

2 enrichments. The first check if the "old" mysql has a containment link from a BA. If so, create a containment link from the BA to the "new" Mysql aswell.

The second enrichment removes the "old" Mysql. Are comparing the Mysqls and use the LastAccessTime attribute.

See attached file.

The only problem I have now is that the application ip of the MySQL isn´t always correct when we create the database in HA by shell. Most of the times it is correct but I have some examples where the database has application ip that are the servers ipaddress. Not the ipadress that the mysqld process are linked to, tcp connection, ipaddress:port (netstat -nap).

I guess this is where it should take out the application ip. Have tried to understand why it fails on some systems but havene´t seen anything obvious. On one MySQL database I have seen that the application ip changes 4-5 times, kind of getting all ipaddreses that are configured on the server.... but only one is connected to the application listening port and the mysqld process... strange... 

Any ideas on this?

Wbr / Fredrik

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: Problem with enrichment. Are trying to handle duplicate MySQL databases.

Jump to solution

Solved it.

2 enrichments. The first check if the "old" mysql has a containment link from a BA. If so, create a containment link from the BA to the "new" Mysql aswell.

The second enrichment removes the "old" Mysql. Are comparing the Mysqls and use the LastAccessTime attribute.

See attached file.

The only problem I have now is that the application ip of the MySQL isn´t always correct when we create the database in HA by shell. Most of the times it is correct but I have some examples where the database has application ip that are the servers ipaddress. Not the ipadress that the mysqld process are linked to, tcp connection, ipaddress:port (netstat -nap).

I guess this is where it should take out the application ip. Have tried to understand why it fails on some systems but havene´t seen anything obvious. On one MySQL database I have seen that the application ip changes 4-5 times, kind of getting all ipaddreses that are configured on the server.... but only one is connected to the application listening port and the mysqld process... strange... 

Any ideas on this?

Wbr / Fredrik

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.