Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Protocol Based Discovery by Data Flow Probe

Hello All,

As per the documentation for HP uCMDB, the data flow probe works on the principle of discovery on the basis of protocol like SNMP, WMI, Telnet and SSH.

Apart from the ports required to discover the resources there are access rights required for the protocols for the discovery.

Can anyone please explain bit more about access rights required for protocols and how it will be leveraged during the discovery by HP uCMDB.

Thanks in Advance!!!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Protocol Based Discovery by Data Flow Probe

That's a big question.

Can you try to see if this helps?

https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/11.0/cp-docs/docs/eng/pdfs/Permissions.pdf

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for the reply.

I have gone through the document, as I am new to HP uCMDB so from the document attached regarding the discovery jobs I understood there will be adapters (WMI, SNMP) on the basis of which discovery job will be created.

Do we need to provide some credentials while configuring the jobs which we can co-relate with access required for protocols.

Please let me know if I am going in thr wrong direction.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi

For every Protocol you have to provide a credentials so that it can discover the device by that protocol.

Suppose you are going to use SNMP then for that you have to provide SNMP credentials in that you have to provide username and password or community string and port number and that needs to be enabled from that device for the probe so i can access the device and other detials depends on your configuration. GO through the data flow probe Setup. You will find each detail perfectly over there

Regards

Ayush

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I presume you are using UCMDB 10.22 because you are calling it HP uCMDB .

On docs.microfocus.com you will find described the full flow of discovery based on credentials with all the prerequisites.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.