Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Push Windows CIs to Atrium

I want to push Windows CIs (v10.01) to Atrium (v8.1) using the Atrium Push adapter.  The data models for uCMDB and Atrium are fundamentally different in how they store this data.  uCMDB stores the OS info as attributes to the Computer (Windows) CI where Atrium stores the OS info as a separate CI from the Computer CI and creates a relationship between them.  I can push the Windows CI to the BMC_ComputerSystem CI, but how can I push the attributes to create the OS CI and, more importantly, create a relationship in Atrium where no such structure exists in uCMDB.  The HP documentation for the xml mapping seems to indicate that a source relationship must exist in uCMDB to create a target relationship in Atrium.  This seems like the most basic transfer of data (a computer and its os) from uCMDB to Atrium, yet the documentation doesn't seem to address it.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Push Windows CIs to Atrium

Hello toadstool,

Yes, Atrium 8.1 integration is supported with HP uCMDB 10.01.
You will need to use export data to Atrium package.
To setup the integration various JAR and DLL files are required from the BMC Remedy/Atrium systems. These JAR/DLL files are listed in the integration deployment guide that accompanies this package.

Best Regards,
Nikola

------------------------
Nikola Todorov
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Yes, I am aware it is supported and have it set up and verified functional in accordance with the integration guide.   My post was a question about how to push specific CIs and relationships when the data models do not match between HP and Atrium.

I can push the Windows CI to the BMC_ComputerSystem CI, but how can I push the attributes to create the OS CI and, more importantly, create a relationship in Atrium where no such structure exists in uCMDB.  The HP documentation for the xml mapping seems to indicate that a source relationship must exist in uCMDB to create a target relationship in Atrium.  This seems like the most basic transfer of data (a computer and its os) from uCMDB to Atrium, yet the documentation doesn't seem to address it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Perhaps "Ask the Experts" can help on this today?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.