Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Push adapter time out setting

Jump to solution

AM Push adapter job times out in exactly 20 minis. Does anybody know where I can find time out setting for this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Push adapter time out setting

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for providing the additional info requested.

There is a similar issue with SMS due to a very large number of identification nodes, when using the SMS implementation of the DB Adapter, which has a known poor performance.

There was also an issue with SAWwhere the job times out after 20 minutes from Generic Push Adapter. (Which it is under investigation)

The timeout is push.remote.action.timeout and it is set to 1200000 milliseconds (20 min).

Can you check if there is no issues with reconciliation? I would suggest to change the push.remote.action.timeout only to confirm that it is the limit.

You can set at the push.remote.action.timeout parameter in jmx-console (see below)

UCMDB:service=Settings Services

setSettingValue

Set setting value 

Name

Type

Value

Description

customerID

java.lang.Integer

Customer ID

name

java.lang.String

Setting Name

value

java.lang.String

Setting Value

Invoke

To check the new value:

showSettingsByCategory

Show settings by category 

Name

Type

Value

Description

customerID

java.lang.Integer

Customer ID

category

java.lang.String

Category or part of it (empty for all settings)

Invoke

Hope this helps,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

In order to change this setting, you will need to go to AdapterManager and select AMAdapter under  AdapterConfiguration tab you will see a setting called: Max.execution time

Regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for quick reply. I have alreay tried incresing Max execution time to 1 hour but it still times out in 20 mins.

Also, as per ucmdb data flow managemnt guide -

Max. execution time - > The maximum time allowed for an adapter to run on one Trigger CI.

looks like this is max time to process one CI and not for whole job.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

The default for that seeting is 10 hrs. To better assist you can you state whereare you seeing this error of the job timing out exactly at 20 mins? Can you provide me with a screenshot of the adapter please?

Thank you,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Adapter and error screen shots are attached. I have 200 records in AM Compuetr Push TQL.

I am doing ad hoc run of AM Push job and it has only one query in it which is AM computer push

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for providing the additional info requested.

There is a similar issue with SMS due to a very large number of identification nodes, when using the SMS implementation of the DB Adapter, which has a known poor performance.

There was also an issue with SAWwhere the job times out after 20 minutes from Generic Push Adapter. (Which it is under investigation)

The timeout is push.remote.action.timeout and it is set to 1200000 milliseconds (20 min).

Can you check if there is no issues with reconciliation? I would suggest to change the push.remote.action.timeout only to confirm that it is the limit.

You can set at the push.remote.action.timeout parameter in jmx-console (see below)

UCMDB:service=Settings Services

setSettingValue

Set setting value 

Name

Type

Value

Description

customerID

java.lang.Integer

Customer ID

name

java.lang.String

Setting Name

value

java.lang.String

Setting Value

Invoke

To check the new value:

showSettingsByCategory

Show settings by category 

Name

Type

Value

Description

customerID

java.lang.Integer

Customer ID

category

java.lang.String

Category or part of it (empty for all settings)

Invoke

Hope this helps,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

I increased push.remote.action.timeout value to 3600000 (60 min), push job ran for 22 mins but this time it did not give timeoutexception. So the setting seems to work.

Got new error -

com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.exception.AMPushAdapterException: Merge flow has done over [130301] cycles for [2606] CIs. Stopping to avoid endless loop

Any idea what this could be?

Thanks for help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

This new error may be due a reconcilation problem and requires further investigation to be able to determine its root cause.

Would it be possible to open a support ticket and provide the ucmdb logs plus the probe logs.

Regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

I have generic HP ticket open 4647467738 - Push Adapter Failing on amComputer job.

We want to be able to push 23k CI to Asset manager

First error was timeout exception which is gone after applying your solution. Now there is some CI merge issue.

Is there any way you can look into this ticket? If so I can upload logs to this ticket.

Appriciate your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.