Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Put a CI in "is candidate for deletion"

Hi,

Is there a way to put a CI in status "is candidate for deletion" manually?
Although I believe in the self maintaining mechanisms of uCMDB, in case of controlled decommissioning of a CI, I don't want to wait for 7 days (our discovery timeout is set to 7 days) before a CI is marked as "is candidate for deletion". 

Deleting the CI manually is not an option. We are using uCMDB to feed another CMDB, and we need the "is candidate for deletion" state to keep in sync with the other CMDB.

Thanks
Jim

Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Put a CI in "is candidate for deletion"

Hi there Jim,

from where do you bring those nodes? Are they VMs?

If yes, we can use the virtualization adapters to mark them for deletion.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Bodgan

There are indeed VM's we would like to mark as candidate for deletion.
But if possible, I would like to use that mechanism for other CI-types as well.

Thanks
Jim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

For VMs it's easy because there are few discovery jobs that will report them.

For other CITs you will have to catalog who creates them and start from those adapters.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.