Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

QLogic Fiber Channel adapter -discovery

Hi Team,

I had a query with the discovery of QLogic Fiber channel adapters. I understand from my Windows team that any server having many file systems i.e. any CIT system with drive letters above E will have these adapters.

We do have couple of them and would like to know how to discover them. Which jobs needs to be run, the conditions, etc..

Please advise.

Thank You.

Regards

Binu Verghese

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: QLogic Fiber Channel adapter -discovery

Windows can't really see those adapters. They are hardware components emulating regular drives.

Ask your IT team what solution they use for global configuration of SAN network.

UCMDB supporting NetApp SANscreen and HP Storage Essentials (according to UCMDB 10.10).

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: QLogic Fiber Channel adapter -discovery

Hi Dima,

Thank you for your reply. So, we need the storage discovery in place and not from windows. This gives me a start. I will check with the IT team and see how to discover them.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.