Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Query on Import Data using CSV in UCMDB

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I am using UCMDB 10.22 CUP1 with UD probe on windows 2008 R2.

we want to import/upload CI in UCMDB by Using CSV file.

In hp_man_UCMDB_10.01_DICG_Integration_pdf documentation - Import from Excel Workbook Discovery - page no 197 and page 212 i find a way how to import.

I want to understand if any third party license required for importing data through CSV?

Thank You!

Thanks & Regards
Govind Bisht
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Query on Import Data using CSV in UCMDB

Jump to solution

Hi All.

I've email confirmation from SWconsult.

third party license required  if you would like to import/upload CI in UCMDB by using CSV file,  so if any have document which can provide details information regarding my query it will he helpful to me.

Thank you!

Thanks & Regards
Govind Bisht

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi All.

I've email confirmation from SWconsult.

third party license required  if you would like to import/upload CI in UCMDB by using CSV file,  so if any have document which can provide details information regarding my query it will he helpful to me.

Thank you!

Thanks & Regards
Govind Bisht

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi All.

I got the information from HPE support regarding my query.

“In terms of licensing, you will need UCMDB 3rd party license (MDR license) if you discover CSV file. When creating a new integration point, you have to select the Adapter to use for the new Integration point. If the adapter that you choose is either External source (Import from Excel, CSV,..) or 3rd party products (BMC, Cisco,…), it will consume 1 MDR license.

Document is attachement for reference. information on Page 8

Hope it might help other

Thanks & Regards
Govind Bisht
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I understood that license to mean 1 MDR required per CI type being imported.  Can someone clarify exactly how this works?

If your spreadsheet contains 2 different CI types (For example a list of servers... 50 x windows and 60 x Unix based) do I require 1 MDR license for the entire spreadsheet or 2 MDR licenses to cover the CI Types or 110 MDR licenses for every unique CI to be created? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

HI Mike,

As per the licesing document I don't think so license is based on CI Type or OS type.  

1 MDR will be consumed once you integrated UCMDB with

1) Import from CSV file

2) Import from Database

3) Import from Excel

4) Export to XML

Thank you!

Thanks & Regards
Govind Bisht
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.