Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Query on integration between BSM RTSM 9.23 and UCMDB 10.10

Hi,

We will be installing BSM RTSM 9.23 and HP UCMDB 10.10 in our environment. We need to integrate BMS RTSM 9.23 with UCMDB 10.10 such that the data flows from

BSM RTSM 9.23 to UCMDB 10.10

Please let me know for this integration to work do we need to install HP Configuration Manager alongwith UCMDB and UD?

Also please can you direct me to any documentation which provides details on how to establish this integration between BSM RTSM 9.23 and HP UCMDB 10.10 such that the data flows from BSM 9.23 to HP UCMDB 10.10

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Query on integration between BSM RTSM 9.23 and UCMDB 10.10

Hi,

There are two way you can Integrate :

a) Data Push

You can push the CI from  RTSM to CMDB  by creating Integration job  on the RTSM

b) Population

You can populate the CI on UCMDB using by creating Integration job on the UCMDB

You can refer to the documentation called : RTSM_Best_Practices.pdf , where Integration strategy is  explained very clearly

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Answering the question, you need not install CM to integrate with with BSM. UD is anther name of discovery module in UCMDB starting from 10.0 and up.

The guide is here -> http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00412300/binary/BSM_922_RSTM_BP.pdf

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

I want to integrate BSM RTSM 9.23 with HP UD 10.10 such that the CI data alongwith its relationships is transferred to BSM RTSM 9.23 from HP UD 10.10

Please let me know what be the effective way of doing the intgeration from the below approaches.

- Data push from UD to BSM RTSM using UCMDB 9.x adapter
- Data push from UD to BSM RTSM using UCMDB 10.x adapter
- Data pull by BSM RTSM from UD using BSM 9.x adapter

Also let me know if there is any other approach as well for the integration.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Any BSM has UCMDB inside it. They actually sharing the same codebase. The only difference that BSM is a little bit after in meaning of versioning. For instance BSM 9.23 has UCMDB codebase same to 9.05.

What I'm trying to say, that integration in most case will work better from UCMDB side, since more defects was fixed and more improvement introduced.

In your case, I'd suggest using Data push from UD to BSM RTSM using UCMDB 9.x adapter.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Dima, Thanks for the perfect answer.

I have a small query.

We want all the CI's to populate from uCMDB -10 into HP BSM 9.23, so as you suggested we should use the data flow probe on uCMDB side and create the integration point there.

Do i have to do any other configuration on the HP BSM side ? or will i see the data automatically ?

Thanks

Rahul Verma

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Please be aware, that capacity wise  BSM is musch smaller. the integration itself, has restrictions as well. AFAIK, it supports up to 5M Cis or so. Please consult BSM support for general capacity questions.

Any data that will be push will appear automatically. Be aware that any CIT, you're going to push, should share same class model.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

We finally decided to push data from uCMDB to BSM.
We tried creating the integration point in uCMDB but unable to populate any data into BSM.

Is DFP has to be installed separately for integration ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

You shouldn't point integration to DPS. AFAIK, it should be pointed to GW of load balancer, in case you have one in front of GW.

There is no need for separate DPS.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi,

I'm doing the same integration too getting CIs from UCMDB to the BSM/RTSM.

May I know which package and content did u use to copy al the CI over?

Is the CSM_to_RTSM_Sync package found in the BSM/RTSM server had enough query to make the integration as suggestion in the RTSM Best Practise??

Regards

Soong

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.