Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Questions on UCMDB 9.05

If I know, it's an old version...

Goodnight !

I appreciate your help with the following questions:

1) Is technical support still offered by Micro Focus for this version 9.05?

2) I need to find the documentation of this version, mainly release note and support matrix, can someone share it?

3) Can I use UCMDB LOCAL CLIENT in this version?

4) What is the last CUP of this version 9.05?

5) UCMDB 9.05 may have CP 28? or there is some restriction

6) Should I update / migrate? or should I do an installation from the beginning, from scratch? 

Thanks, thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Questions on UCMDB 9.05

Hello Marsella,

1. we have the obsolescence plan https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/obsolescence-migrations#tab5

obsolescence90x.PNG

End of committed Support means that you no longer can contact Support for patches or RnD involvement  and Support ca help you only with available resources like documentation or minor known issues.

Keep in mind that we are talking about UCMDB 9.05 not RTSM.

2. I think that Support ca provide the documentation, we changed Support and Documentation portals so often that I think it was dropped or lost in translation.

3. No, Local Client needs certain libraries that are available only from 10.x onwards. I tested my self in August, it doesn't work on 9.05 UCMDB or RTSM. I think we have a mention in the August release that you can connect it to an RTSM version 10.x. At least we should have.

4. CUP17 was the lastest standalone CUP, from there on we released only the RTSM CUPs. The last one which I used was CUP220 (the extra zero is to denoted that it's not a standalone CUP and it's only for RTSM)

5. 9.05 Supports only CP10 and CP11 (I think, can't remember exactly but only 2 versions with their CP updates). The main restriction would be the Jython version

6. I would start from scratch, there are several options to migrate the current 9.05 data. Some resources will be lost like: history, integration settings, scheduler configurations, minor customizations. Most of them can be recrated easily

6.1 The upgrade path would be to upgrade to 10.10 -> 10.20 -> 10.33 . A Support case can tell you what was the 10.33 upgrade path. We had some OMi, APM versions which had RTSM 9.05 that support upgrade to higher OMi/APM versions that have RTSM 10.3x so it may be that a one step upgrade would be somehow possible

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

HI,

Can I still get licenses for this version?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The oldest available version is UCMDB 10.2x which still has committed support until January 2019. Even for 10.22 I don't know if you can get licenses anymore, maybe you can.
For 9.05? For sure not.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I have a doubt, in these old versions (9.05) to not have full licenses does not allow me to execute jobs? see the following image:

jobs_9.05.PNG

Is it possible to see the license summary (percentages) as it is seen in the new versions?

Thanks again

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

This is what I get with an OOTB 9.05 installation and al my 9.05 licenses are already expired for some years.
There's only one logicl way to go: upgrade.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.