Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Radware load balancer discovery

HI 

I just to know can we discover the proper topology for the Radware Load Balancer in  ucmdb 10.32.

Regrads

Ayush.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Radware load balancer discovery

Load balancers are quite exotic network devices which come with a price tag. They are rare and difficult to test on hence our LB support matrix is quite small (  https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_Discovery_Content_Pack:27/lb_c_sv#.24filename.7C )

You will find only this mention about Radware --> https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1H76562

This means that you will have to use the new Idea Exchange portal to submit an ER:

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What was the output from this https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_Discovery_Content_Pack:27/lb_r_alteon_app ?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

The link shows me that it UD supports Nortel Alteon with all the topology when it matched with the MIBs.

Is it the same with the Radware also?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

After scanning i am only getting the Application switch, loadbalancer and the interface. As per the topology i am not getting any virtual server from the switch application. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It depends on the CP version. IF not all the data is there then RnD will have to look into more data.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

CP version is 27 

Also i was reading some old threads on the community in that they are saying that radware is not supported by Micro Focus.

I want to know is there any ER for this going on?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nothing specific to Radware.

What was the specific discovery path that you used?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

As per the document i ran 

1. Ranges by snmp
  2. Host connection  by snmp 
  3. Alteon application switch by SNMP.

Only These three. DO i need to run any other jobs also.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Looks about right. Host networking by SNMP won't reveal much, most probably.

The next step is to open a Support case and provide the complete OID tree from snmpwalk, this will reach RnD and maybe there's a simple patch to be provided.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Ok Thanks i will open a case.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.