Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Range by ICMP not returning all values

I am running the job against a number of ranges but for a small number of the ranges no values are returned.

I have tested ping and a telnet on the probe against ips in that range that i know devices are active but still nothing is being reported in UCMDB.

I can't see any errors in the probe logs to suggest something is a miss.

Has anyone come across anything similar?

Liam

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Liam,

Range by ICMP job will fetch the Ranges and IPs from Probe gateway as an input.

After It gets all the ranges and ips, It will check if any of the existing ranges or IP's are sub part of  other ranges.

Then it will try to ping based on collection of IP's.

So, for your case may be below things can be checked.

1) Some of the IP ranges are part of existing ranges.

2) Check the Range by ICMP adapter if the adapter properties tab contains any specific ranges defined for 

3) Problem with adapter (least possibility).

If any of the above is not useful, please raise a case with Microfocus support. 

Regards

Bhaskar Badam

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.