Highlighted
Visitor.

Receiving Out of Memory Java Heap errors

I'm running discovery jobs for over 15000 systems with agent and agentless discovery. In addition I have integration jobs to push CI's into a another separate UCMDB used for integrations. Since installing the 10.11 CUP6 and CP17 I'm receiving Out of Memory Java Heap errors in the integration logs. I updated the wrapper.platform.conf file to min memory 1024 MB and Max of 8192 but I'm still getting out of memory errors. Do a limit exists on the amount of memory I can configure in the configuration file knowing that the server is configured with at least 4 GB more than the configuration file setting?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Receiving Out of Memory Java Heap errors

This depends upon few of the points listed mentioned below

1. What is the frequency of the out of memory error ? Is it happens whenever you trigger discovery ?

2. Is this discovery happens all 15K servers at the same time ? what is the average number of CIs per server ?

You can refer the sizing information of the probe and you can see if it matches the suggested size.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

1. It happens after 24 hours to about 3 days of running. The discovery jobs are running 24 hours a day with 5 dataflow probes  and with each probe discovering from 3k to 5k devices. The integration jobs run once a day to handle a subset of data discovered.

The discovery is always running but job are broken down so that servers inventory, running software, and applications are discovered once a day and the workstations inventory every 2 to 3 days.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

500 Servers about 200 CI's

15000 workstations about 60 CI''s

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You mentioned that you got 5 probes, Is that all of the probes having the probelm  or onlyspecific probe is having the problem.

Do you see java dump is getting created in your probe server machine ?

It needs detailed investigation to find out why exactly it is giving out of memory.

There is a possibility that one specific job or server getting lot of CIs and hence it causes this problem.

I suggest to open a support case so that it can be addressed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.