Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Reconciliation Priority

I have 2 UD instance and a AM instance.

UD A is pusing discovery data to UD B. UD B is populating data from AM.

I want to make AM the authoritative source for an attribute.

So in UD B i set the reconcialtion priority for the AM integration to 500. I don't see the option to set priority for the integration between UD A and UD B. I guess this is because the integration point is on UD A?

In this case how can I set it so that data from UD A doesnt overwritten data from AM.  

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Reconciliation Priority

Any thought or comment anyone?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

You could try to pull CI from the instance B, so you'll have reconciliation proirities for both AM and UD-to-UD integration.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Yea I thought of that....was just wondering if it was possible with the data push scenerios to control the reconciliation priority

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

That's a good question, worth checking in the code. Basically, it's relevant for any CI push  via SDK/WS.

I'll try to find the answer.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi, 

Did you ever find the answer for this? I have a cusotmer who is doing NNMi to BSM push integration and want to set the priority for NNMi higher than the data coming is from UCMDB but that integration is not available to be configured in the reconciliation priority. How would you ensure so data coming from NNMi has a higher priority than disocvery in BSM? 

Thanks,

Merry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

I have an answer for both original and last questions.

To set reconciliation priority for data coming via SDK/WS one needs to define an API Adapter with the name of the SDK.

Once defined the API Adapter, it can be used for reconciliation priority setting.

Basicly reconciliation priority is per data store setting. In case of integartions it will be per integartion point. So, NNMi and BSM integartions will have different records in reconciliation priority...

Hope this helps...

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.