Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Reconciliation rules/priority from ucmdb discovery jobs

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I have a question regarding reconciliation rules.  I have a UCMDB with many different data sources.  I have a couple of integration points with DDMi, SM, and UCDMBDiscovery.  As part of the UCMDB Discovery jobs, I have jobs created that connect to other external data providers and import CI's into UCMDB from different mechanisms (flat file processing, DB queries, etc...).  The problem I have is that data in these different sources could be slightly different.  I want to classify specific attributes from the data providers to be the authoritative field of record for a CI that gets created or enriched.

I know I can use reconciliation rules to classify an integration point to overwrite an attribute to a CI, however all CI discovery jobs that I have under UCMDBDiscovery are all lumped together and I don't know how to divide them up to allow for reconciliation rules or reconciliation priority to work.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Reconciliation rules/priority from ucmdb discovery jobs

Jump to solution

Hi,

Best option is to use jython-based discovery adapters (like excel) as integration adapters. To do that, you should go to adapter management, find relevant adapter (for example XLS_Import -> Adapters -> XLS_Parser) and check "Used as Integration Adapter" in Adapter Definition Tab.

After that delete relevant discovery jobs from Discovery Control Panel, and define new onses in Integration Studio using this adapter. You should define multiple integration points using for example "Import from Excel Workbook" adapter - this will allow you to set up reconciliation priorities for each of them.

regards

Gregory

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Reconciliation rules/priority from ucmdb discovery jobs

Jump to solution

Hi,

Best option is to use jython-based discovery adapters (like excel) as integration adapters. To do that, you should go to adapter management, find relevant adapter (for example XLS_Import -> Adapters -> XLS_Parser) and check "Used as Integration Adapter" in Adapter Definition Tab.

After that delete relevant discovery jobs from Discovery Control Panel, and define new onses in Integration Studio using this adapter. You should define multiple integration points using for example "Import from Excel Workbook" adapter - this will allow you to set up reconciliation priorities for each of them.

regards

Gregory

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.