Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Reference to credentials dictionary

Jump to solution

I'm looking at a CI inside of a TQL and it has a property that says "NOT Reference to the credentials dictionary entry Is null". What does this mean?

I'm working on creating a CI that meets this criteria, and I'm successfully creating the CI, but the "Reference to the credentials dictionary entry" is always null because I don't now how to set that. I don't see it listed as an attribute I am able to set.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Reference to credentials dictionary

Jump to solution

I'm using a discovery job to create CIs to supplement a seperate discovery job that requires that attribute to NOT be null. It seems by default though, when the CI is created the "Reference to credentials dictionary" is null, and I need it to be NOT null when my supplemental discovery job finishes creating it.

Talking to a teammate, they are saying the credentials used to discover the CI successfully are somewhere stored on the CI that's created.

Ok, further analysis shows that the CI I'm creating has an attribute "credentials_id" that's description seems to be what I want: "Reference to the credentials dictionary entry".

As it turns out, the discovery job I'm supplementing never sets the "Reference to the credentials dictionary entry" either, so that means I don't have to set that attribute in my supplemental job either. It probably should be setting it, but that's a seperate issue as to why that's not happening.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Did you create this CI , manually and then to check for the that condition ?

Whate is your requirement ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I'm using a discovery job to create CIs to supplement a seperate discovery job that requires that attribute to NOT be null. It seems by default though, when the CI is created the "Reference to credentials dictionary" is null, and I need it to be NOT null when my supplemental discovery job finishes creating it.

Talking to a teammate, they are saying the credentials used to discover the CI successfully are somewhere stored on the CI that's created.

Ok, further analysis shows that the CI I'm creating has an attribute "credentials_id" that's description seems to be what I want: "Reference to the credentials dictionary entry".

As it turns out, the discovery job I'm supplementing never sets the "Reference to the credentials dictionary entry" either, so that means I don't have to set that attribute in my supplemental job either. It probably should be setting it, but that's a seperate issue as to why that's not happening.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

The attribute "Reference to the credentials dictionary entry" is used to store the ID of the protocol credential that is used to discover the CI. For example, if a node CI is discovered by Host connection by shell job, the shell CI related to that node will be populated with the credential ID (every protocol entry has an internal ID) that worked to discover the node CI. This helps so that next time the job will run, it will use the same credential ID to re-discover the node CI, instead of trying to go through instances of protocol one by one.

So this attribute will have a null value if that CI/related CI has not been discovered using any protocols specified. It could be either the job (which populates this attribute, in the example I specified it will be Host Connection By Shell job) never ran against that host or it failed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.