Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Regarding UCMDB Configuration Manager installation

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I am newbie HP UCMDB and UD implementation.

In my current project I have to implement Universal Discovery (UD) along with this I have got one UCMD license.

1. I have installed UCMDB 10.10 Server

2. I have installed UCMDB 10.10 Data Flow probe.

3. Applied the Content pack Cp13_update _2.

I also need to integrate the HPuCMDB/ UD with HP SM.

My queries here are :

Q1. when I go to http://localhost:8080/server I can see 'UCMDB Configuration Manager ' link is disable. Do I have to Install the CMS separately ? Can I install CMS on the HP UCMDB Server itself ?

Q2. Do we use CMS if my scope is HP UCMDB/UD and HP SM integration.

Please advise.

Regards

Muzaffar

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Regarding UCMDB Configuration Manager installation

Jump to solution

Q1. when I go to http://localhost:8080/server I can see 'UCMDB Configuration Manager ' link is disable. Do I have to Install the CMS separately ? Can I install CMS on the HP UCMDB Server itself ?

Yes you have to set up Configuration Manager additionally. And yes you can do it on the same server. Tried it, however the system will not run as smoothly as when you'd have it on separate systems, maybe it would run nicely with a lot of RAM, but I didn't try that.

Configuration Manager is optional and it can be used to check if CIs are adhering to corporate IT policies and standards. You can also use it to do analysis of fragmentation/segmentation of CIs with regard to key attributes. So no, you don't have to consider it if you're strictly focused on UCMDB-SM integration.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

My findings

Answer Q1:

Yes I am able to successfully install CMS on the same HP UCMDB/UD Server. Now I am able to see the 'UCMDB Configuration Manager' is enabled.

-> During CMS installation , there is a option to select the Advanced CMS installtion which requires License, Does this means CMS is separately Licensed? If I have UD/UCMDB License does this work for the 'Advanced CMS' as well?

Please advise.

Regards

Muzaffar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yes you have to set up Configuration Manager additionally. And yes you can do it on the same server. Tried it, however the system will not run as smoothly as when you'd have it on separate systems, maybe it would run nicely with a lot of RAM, but I didn't try that.

Configuration Manager is optional and it can be used to check if CIs are adhering to corporate IT policies and standards. You can also use it to do analysis of fragmentation/segmentation of CIs with regard to key attributes. So no, you don't have to consider it if you're strictly focused on UCMDB-SM integration.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Your answer popped in just before mine I see 🙂 You can use the out of the box CM with your UCMDB, however your functionality will be limited. For advanced features like Topology Policy analysis and segmentation analysis you need to buy an additional license.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.