Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Reserving UD probes for Agent and Agent Less discovery in Ucmdb 10.10

Jump to solution

Is it possible to split or reserver probes in uCMDB 10.10 with UD in  one environment for Agent and Agent less discovery. I have 7 probes, can I reserve 5 to do DDMa discovery as in uCMDB 9,05 and 2 to run bi-weekly for UD agent disocvery.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Reserving UD probes for Agent and Agent Less discovery in Ucmdb 10.10

Jump to solution

As I explained in another related thread today, this is not possible. It is not possible for two probes in the same discovery domain to have the same IP ranges assigned.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Any discovery job has option to restrict dispatching to specific probes only. Please check attched screenshot.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Dima.

Will it be possible to define the same IP ranges on two different Probes in the same environment in uCMDB 10.10.

Because my question was mainly when we combine DDMa and DDMi functionality in uCMDB 10.10 to use UD, will it be possible to define the same IP range on two probes and then reserve 1 probe for current DDMa discovery and the other one to do UD Agent Based discovery. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

As I explained in another related thread today, this is not possible. It is not possible for two probes in the same discovery domain to have the same IP ranges assigned.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

yes, thank you

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.