Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Rest-API PUT without last access time update

Jump to solution

Hello,

We're using the rest-api to update functional data on a bunch of nodes (PUT method "/dataModel/ci/{id}").

We would like, as we can do in enrichment rules, avoid updating the "last access time" attribute to prevent potentials "candidate for deletion" nodes being "extended".

Thanks,
Best regards,
Yann Pingot

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Rest-API PUT without last access time update

Jump to solution

For data coming from discovery which needs simple enrichment rules, we can adjust this either from the discovery scripts or from the normalization rules hence the data reaches the server in the desired form so enrichments are not needed.

Simple enrichment rules would be 2 nodes connected with a link and we would populate an empty attribute.

I'm not familiar with a method to avoid altering the Last Access Time.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

For data coming from discovery which needs simple enrichment rules, we can adjust this either from the discovery scripts or from the normalization rules hence the data reaches the server in the desired form so enrichments are not needed.

Simple enrichment rules would be 2 nodes connected with a link and we would populate an empty attribute.

I'm not familiar with a method to avoid altering the Last Access Time.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Bogdan, this is what we tought.

We will adapt our scripts accordingly.

Best regards,
Yann Pingot

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Yann, changing scripts is allowed and useful but track your changes very well as they might get overwritten during a CP upgrade or due to this overwrite process it may keep you prisoner to your current and heavily customized CP due to fear of losing your code changes.

My proposal for the custom normalization rules implies to have your own set of normalization rules which are appended to whatever we have OOTB independent of the CP version or the CP upgrade process.

If you're changing the scripts and those changes are useful for the general public then we can handle this as an Enhancement Request which could get into the master branch CP hence there won't be any problems with the CP upgrade.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Sorry i didn't explain enough but the scripts I mentioned are external ones.

We're basically extracting some data from the CMDB with a powershell script, doing some calculations against these datas which we cannot do through enrichment rules, and pushing it back in few customs attributes with the PUT.

I'm well aware that any modification will have to be reported with a new CP, that's why we're modifying ootb adapters as less as possible.

Best regards,
Yann Pingot

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.