Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Restrict users from creating CIs in uCMDB

Hi Experts,

I want to create a user role in which user should not be able to create new CIs in uCMDB.

Can anyone please suggest on how to achieve the solution, I have tried using the role Manager "Viewer" but with that I am able to create new CIs.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hi 

you create such user by folling these steps :-

Go To User And Roles

1. Create a Role --> Click on New and create a Role 

2. Create a User -- > Click on New and map with the role that you create

Go to Security Manager --> 

Select Root --> Query --> Permission --> Check 'View' 

Select Root --> View --> Permission --> Check 'View' 

Select Root --> Domain --> Permission --> Check 'View'   ---- 'You Can leave this optional' 

Select Root --> CI Type --> Permission --> Check 'View' 

Select Root --> Customize --> Permission --> Check 'View' 

Under Customize you can chose options under modelling , Data flow management, Admin and general action and assign permission as view or other as per your choice

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.