Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Running uCMDB 9.03 on IIS

Jump to solution

Hi all

When going through the Deployment Guide for uCMDB 9.03 i can see that there is a chapter "Set Up IIS to Enable Access to UCMDB – Windows 2008" on Page 322.

Question is, when going through the steps in the documentation it seems like IIS is still only relaying the web requests to Apache. So it's still Apache running in the background and not really IIS.

As per customer requirement i wonder if there is a way to really use IIS as the Web Server for uCMDB standalone installation. I am aware that this is possible for BSM when selected during the setup. But for uCMDB this is not even an option during the setup. So it seems like uCMDB is always installed with Apache and there is no way to use IIS. And if configured as documented it is only a redirection for whatever reason.

Any comment is appreciated.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

UCMDB 8.0x was a J2EE application embedded into JBOSS J2EE container. JBOSS uses Tomcat as it’s servlet container.

UCMDB 9.0x is a standalone J2SE application that embeds Jetty as a servlet container.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

UCMDB 8.0x was a J2EE application embedded into JBOSS J2EE container. JBOSS uses Tomcat as it’s servlet container.

UCMDB 9.0x is a standalone J2SE application that embeds Jetty as a servlet container.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.