Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SM - UCMDB data push

Hello,

I am doing a SM - UCMDB integration. We have an issue when pushing the network components to SM.

The network components are not updating.

I can find these in sm log:

4752(  5548) 09/18/2013 01:00:04  RTE I -Memory : S(4119144) O(1133940) MAX(5253084) - MALLOC's Total(291366)
  4752(  5548) 09/18/2013 01:00:09  RTE W doQuery: no query values specified and true query not allowed - returning 0
  4752(  5548) 09/18/2013 01:00:10  RTE I dbUpdate: The record being updated contains all NULL keys
  4752(  5548) 09/18/2013 01:00:10  RTE I dbUpdate: file:(networkcomponents) key:(logical.name=)
  4752(  5548) 09/18/2013 01:00:10  RTE I dbUpdate: The record being updated contains all NULL keys
  4752(  5548) 09/18/2013 01:00:10  RTE I dbUpdate: file:(joinnetworkcomponents) key:(file.device,logical.name=)

Can anyone help,

Thank you

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: SM - UCMDB data push

Hi,

What UCMDB and SM versions you're runing on?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

UCMDB9.05 and SM9.30

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi there

Have a look at the network components that are failing.

It is telling you that uCMDB is trying to import the "Network component" which does not contain a "logical name" attribute which is mandatory.

Remember you are trying to push the network components into HP Service Manager. During reconciliation it will check on Logical name if it exists in SM.

The error you are getting is due to the network component not having a "logical name" attribute.

So as said, go and see the ones that are failing in the uCMDB and verify that they contain "logical_name" attribute

Thanks & Regards
Mario Morelli
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Mario,

the name in UCMDB is empty. is it possible to map the SM logical name to another field in UCMDB?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi

Just a quick question

Did you modify the network component CI attribute reconciliation rule(Or what they call Identification rules now)?

As Name is a mandatory attribute in uCMDB Out of the box for almost all the CI Types.

Yes it is possible to map it to a different attribute, You will have to make changes in the .XSD files for the adapter.

I am not sure if anything else needs to change, have not done this in a while, will check and revert back to you soonest

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi there

Just a quick question, did you modify the reconciliation/identification rules for network component under CI Type manager?

As Name is a mandatory Attribute for almost all CI Types out of the box.

uCMDB woudl not even have allowed you to store the network components without a name

Yes you should be able to map it to a different attribute, or you can populate the name field via either enrichment or via your population methods.

How do you uniquely identify the network components if you do not have name populated?

To change teh attribute you will have to change values in the .XSD files for the HP SM adapter if I remember correctly

I will have a look and revert back to you soonest, as I have not done this recently

Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.