Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

SM-uCMDB Population Issue

Service Manger version 9.31;uCMDB version 9.05 CP11 CUP11

Having issues populating some relationships from SM to uCMDB .  Creating a new application CI in Service Manager and relating it to one or more Business Services in SM also.  Running the population to uCMDB and the new application CI is being created in uCMDB but the relationships are not getting populated and I can't figure out the reason.  Here's the error messages in uCMDB:

Warning during processing results: Bulk contains ignored CIs that were filtered by the probe. In order to resend all objects reported by this trigger CI, please clear jobs results cache. For details please check cmdb.reconciliation.log.

Warning processing results: Results contain ignored CIs. For details please check cmdb.reconciliation.log. The following CIs were ignored: From Class [business_service] 1 CIs were  ignored due to Reference CI Mapped to more than one existing CI; From Class [containment] 1 CIs were  ignored due to Link with ignored end; 

I was seeing these errors alot when first doing this integration and then it was corrected with CP11 but now it's happening again but just randomly.

For the first error message, how would I clear the cache for an integration job?  I'd like to understand why this happens and what I can do to fix it.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: SM-uCMDB Population Issue

I recommend re-running the job and check the following log to see why [business_service] CI was ignore by reconciliation.

cmdb.reconciliation.log

cmdb.reconciliation.datain.ignored.log

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: SM-uCMDB Population Issue

This is the error message from the datain.ignored log:

Datas Ignored From Bulk:
   {business_service@$TempObject429d1f6db6c1affe7eadc9770dc3f865}@[(boolean-root_enableageing:false), (string-data_source:DS_SM931PROD_SM Relations Population job), (string-name:SVC-B Shipping)]
  Reason: Referenced object was mapped to 0 objects! should map to exactly one object in CMDB.
   The objects of the last phase cannot be merged, therefore the original objects cannot be merged

So it's indicating that the business service is mapped to 0 objects when it's mapped to the new application ci that was created and populated to uCMDB.  It does already exist in uCMDB.  I was seeing this happening previously last year when I first started this integration and had opened a case with HP support.  The case was bounced back and forth between SM and uCMDB support people and we never really figured out the issue.  What happened was that I updated uCMDB to CP11 and the integration adapter was updated and it seemed to fix the issue but obviously not completely.  Something is happening in the process that ignores the new CI and it's random because I've created new application CIs in the last several weeks and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  It's quite frustrating since I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.