Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

SMI-S Discovery of Hitachi SAN devices

Hi, Has anyone been able to use the SMI-S discovery job to discover Hitachi SAN devices? I've tried using the discovery job using credentials supplied by our SAN team but get errors whenever I try discovery. On 7 devices I get Unable to Connect and on one get HTTP401 error. Was just looking for confirmation that the OOTB job works on these type of SAN and that its more likely to be a config issue as to why we cant see them. Any help would be greatly accepted. Thanks
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: SMI-S Discovery of Hitachi SAN devices

Hello,
We made an enhancement request to discover our SAN composed of HDS disk arrays and Brocade switches. We worked with HP R & D and we sent them traces of running a script that he had sent us.
For a few months, and since then no new ...
Apparently we are not the only customers to have this need, look here:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00481312

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01403059

It only remains to hope that HP got serious about this lack...
Best regards.
Bruno
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks Bruno, 

At least I now know its not just me who has this issue. Hopefully now this will be something that is likely to be released in the future as we have a number of SAN manufacturers that I need to discover and HDS is just one we cant see at the moment.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has used the Hitachi Import topology from Hitachi CSV or Excel workbook jobs within the Integration Studio? Is this straight forward or do you need to be using certain version of Hitachi equipment etc. I cant find anything within the HP documentation that covers off using this but I see it when you choose what sort of Integration Point you want to create.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello Dave,

We hope you are doing great .

We strongly suggest to create a ticket if you still have a problem with this integration also if you need more than the application offer at this moment we have a PSO team that will help you in customizations or special requirements .

Best Regads ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.