Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SNMP discovery

Hi,

Working on UCMDB 10.2  with updated CUP and CP.

I have done snmp v3 discovery but for few devices like Firewall, netprinter,  "SERIAL NO" is not availabel in devices properties. Only switches are showing serial no.

Can anybody suggest me what I need to do to get serial no from devices by SNMP discovery. As per communication log, there is no "Private serial no" value retrieved from device.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: SNMP discovery

Hi,

Please find attached log file and properties file.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Please find attached log file and properties file.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Nick,

I hope you are doing great.

Thank you for share this question with us.

I can see that for Serial Number, the MIB used is:

SNMPgetEntPhysicalTable[1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.11 ]

Please, check on comm log if this MIB is being executed correctly.

Regards,

Hugo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, i did not saw the comm logs uploaded.

It seems the MIB is executed correctly.

The result is SAL1626FC1Q. Please, generate a new comm log (but this time with results included). This way we will be able to see if the discovery assigned the Serial Number to its corresponding value.

Regards,

Hugo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.