Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Search CIs via JMX console (by Global ID)

Hi all

We need to search for certain CIs by their Global Id. This because we are seing some errors in the reconciliation and error logs. Now when running the conditional CI search from within the uCMDB UI we are not seing any results when running a search for the Global Id.

I know from working with HP support that there is a way to search for CIs via the JMX console. But i did not take notes which MBean to use. Can anyone point me to the right Action in order to find CI instances by their Global Id?

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Likes
17 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Search CIs via JMX console (by Global ID)

Hi,

Here you go:

To find specific CI by CMDB ID:

JMX Console -> Model Services -> retriveObjectProperties

To find all CIs by specific type:

JMX Console -> Model Services ->retriveObjectsOfType

Be aware that class need to be provided in internal name, so for example Windows is "nt". See attached screenshot.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank you very much for your reply.

This is what i was looking for. Unfortunately i was not able to find any instances for the given ObjectID.

We are facing the problem that the error.log on the uCMDB server has many entries where it is complaining that there isn't enough reconciliation data for certain objects.

Not enough reconciliation data, need to supply ...

Result is that there any the same IDs over and over in the error and reconciliation logs.

Do you know where this could be coming from? My assumption is that the reconcilation process does not have enough information to make a decision if the CIs should be merged or be two entities. Because the log does list the different attributes from the reconciliation rule.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

We are seeing plenty of these error messages:

[ErrorCode [63001] Reconciliation DataIn - Not enough reconciliation data, need to supply {(root_container and connected ci "ip_service_endpoint") or (product_name and root_container) or (discovered_product_name and root_container)}]

For different CI types and different attributes
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Reconciliation has a very intuitive logs. To get better understanding please go to C:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\conf\log\reconciliation.properties and change line 17 to loglevel=DEBUG. After few minutes all reconciliation logs will start printing in debug. Reproduce the problem and save the set of the logs and the timestamp (you could use this for the future elevation to support).

Start your analysis from cmdb.reconciliation.audit.log. Search by timestamp and the job name. It looks like

2013-03-17 16:05:04,440 INFO - [ID= 759469967] [Customer ID=1] [Changer=UCMDBDiscovery: Host Connection by Shell] [Datas to update- 66] [Referenced Data- 0] addOrUpdate : [Objects For Update- ip_address(5) vmware_esx_server(2) interface(19) unix(1) ssh(3) ip_subnet(1)] [Links For Update- membership(3) composition(22) containment(10)] [Referenced Objects-] [Referenced Links-]
2013-03-17 16:05:21,415 INFO - [ID= 759469967] [total time=16.975 model= 0.725] addOrUpdate : [durations: identify= 1.949 dataIn= 0.262] Ignore From Cmdb- 0 Merge Operations- 0 Merged CIs- 0 Type Changes- 0 Max Topology Level- 1]

First string representing timestamp, operation number and job populating data.

Second string showing the time spent to aciquer the data.

Now take the operation ID and go to cmdb.reconciliation.log. Search for operation ID and check the log.

Any CI coming to UCMDB will be considered for merges against bulk of data coming from the probe and UCMDB content itself. You'll find separate chapters representing both steps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

According to your last point you have a problem with idntification of Running Software.

To get understanding of what data have to be provided you need to check identification-criteria section of identification rule.

<identification-criteria>
<identification-criterion>
<attribute-condition conditionType="approveAndContradict" includeNullValue="false" attributeName="root_container"/>
<connected-ci-condition linkType="usage" ciType="ip_service_endpoint">
<overlap-fixed-operator number-of-matches="1"/>
</connected-ci-condition>
</identification-criterion>
<attribute-condition conditionType="approveAndContradict" includeNullValue="false" attributeName="product_name"/>
<attribute-condition conditionType="approveAndContradict" includeNullValue="false" attributeName="root_container"/>
<attribute-condition conditionType="approveAndContradict" includeNullValue="false" attributeName="discovered_product_name"/>
</identification-criteria>

Any CI coming to UCMDB need to be compliant with at least one of identification-criterions. If you check your error message you'll find it's showing the same info.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Dima

Thank you very much. This is helpful information!

Indeed the example provided is for a CI of type Running Software. But actually we're having the same problem for other CI types (Node for example) as well.

When looking at the rule for Running software i can see what attributes are used for the identification. When looking at the error message it would mean that the CIs coming from uCMDB would not contain any of the required attributes for identification. I wonder how this could be possible.

When looking at the cmdb.reconciliation.audit.log i can identify the FAILED entries in the log file and with the job ID i can see the relevant job in cmdb.reconciliation.log. So far so good ...

But from there i would need to go a step further and identify a CI instance to check if it does not match the requirements from the rule. Because the fact that is says reconciliation data is missing should the reflect in the CI attributes (empty CI attributes or something like this).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

The error message not related to the content of UCMDB at this stage, it's about data you sending to UCMDB. What the source of data is?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Data is coming from the probe. So this would mean the data coming from the probe is missing data for proper reconciliation?

Sorry for the confusion. I am just trying to understand the process
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Not a problem. I just trying to understand your situation.

Any discovery job has communication log. On the adapter settings you have an option to enable creation of comm log in all cases (ALWAYS option) and include results in the log.

The results will give you a chance to see what job is sending back to probe.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks a lot Dima

We will enable this for the job in question (Host Application by Shell) and then come back with results.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Please provide the info on UCMDB, CUP and CP version you're working on.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.