Search results for IP address CIs in UCMDB Browser
If you want to search an IP address in UCMDB Browser, OOTB we will have results only for the autocompletion
But the search results will be missing the Ip_address CIs. In the above example for autocompletion we have a generic node and an Ip_address. In the below search results, we have only the node.
To make visible the Ip_address in the search results we need to edit the ranking configuration which provides the rules of what we display as search results.
To do this, follow this steps:
- Got to JMX console
- Invoke method editRankingConfiguration
- Edit the XML output so you will add after line 16 ( <name>configuration_document</name> ) the custom line <name>ip_address</name>
- The output should look like
- Save the resource at the bottom of the page
- Invoke method reindexCiType with parameter ip_address
- Test the IP search in Browser
This is based on the document https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:11.0/admin/UCMDBBrowser_t_useCustomAttributesInSearch
EMEA Technical Success
Hi Bogdan ,
Thanks for your tip !
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “