Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Service Model

i have designed a 2 different Service Model for the same bussiness service. can you please let me know your suggestion on the same and help me to correct incase of any changes. Suggest me which of the below model will more relate to  a best pratices.

The consideration is only to add firewall,routers,windows,unix system only. The running software are not being considered in building the below service model.

Type1:
Bussiness service
Bussiness application

App1

App2
   Infrastructure service(CI Collection)
         Network(Load balancer,FIrewall)
        App1 Web (windows)
       App2 Web (windows)
       Application(windows server)
       DB(Oracle DB)

Type2:
Bussiness service
Bussiness application  

App1

App2

Network (Firewall,Loadbalancer)
Web
    App1 Web (Windows)
    App2 Web (Windows)
Network (Firewall,loadbalancer)
Application(Windows)
Network(Firewall)
DB(Oracle DB1,2,3)

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Service Model

The best practicies suggesting that anything that already have discovered connection (as DB and Tablespace or Application and DB) should be included as only one CI. The second part will be retrived by applying a perspective on top of the model.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

can you please let me know what do you mean by one CI.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Let's say that you already discovered following topology  Host -->ApplicationX--> DB --> DB Schema.

So, the model for specific Business Application will look like BizApp --> ApplicationX.

In case, you want to see full topology as BizApp --> ApplicationX--> DB --> DB Schema the Bold part could retrived by Perspecive which will look like Application--> DB --> DB Schema, retriving any DBs related to app in model.

Hope this helps. 

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.