Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Service manager adapter doesn't update CI's

Hello,

I'm trying setup integration with Service Manager using Service Manager 9.xx integration adapter.

Integration is set only for push Computer CI's with their relationships. First import of CI's works fine, CI is created in SM with all defined attributes. However if some attribute of CI is changed in UCMDB, this change is not propagated to SM.

When I checked the logs on UCMDB probe side, I can see that only CreateucmdbNodeRequest is called all the time, instead of UpdateucmdbNodeRequest that should be used for updating CI's.

The reason of this looks that UCMDB during calculation of TQL, every time evaluate that there is no CI's for update, and still only "Topology for add" is filled by CI's in base of query: 

2020-09-21 16:54:27,275  DEBUG  [AdHoc:AD_HOC_TASK_PATTERN_ID-5296-1600700067259] - SMTest >> ServiceDeskAdapter::updateData::actionData=com.hp.ucmdb.spi.data.replication.ReplicationLayoutResultActionDataImpl
Topology for update (size=0, reference=0):
CIs (0):
Relations (0):
Referenced CIs (0):
Referenced Relations (0):

Anybody know how integration adapter exactly works and how it identify what CI's should be send to SM by Update request?

Thanks fo any help.

Ivan

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

You have made settings in SM?Снимок.PNG
Look at the screenshot, have you changed anything here?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

I would suggest to enable trace for fcmdb.synchronizer on ucmdb server side and  also for fcmdb.* logs on probe side. You should be able to see what CIs are being identified to be updated and how the ucmdb CIs are transformed to SM instances by the adapter. The push to SM is the so called instance based push.Below are the desired behaviors:

•  An instance is reported by the Push engine as “Added” when the Root CI\Relation is added.
  • An instance is reported by the Push engine as “Updated” when the Root CI\Relation is modified (one of it’s attributes are changed) OR when a CI\Relation which is not the Root is added\removed\modified.
  • An instance is reported by the Push engine as “Removed” when the Root CI\Relation is removed.

If you still face the issue I suggest to submit a ticket to the SM team.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Hello,

my colleague that administering SM made some changes on SM side and update works fine, strange is that from UCMDB side all the time is used "CreateucmdbNodeRequest" call and in Integration job status I see that CI's has been created, even if there is update on SM side. But it's ok for me now.

However I'm facing another issue with pushing date format field from UCMDB to SM. I have configured date_pattern parameter in serviceDeskConfiguration.xml in base of date format of integration user 

Login Profile in SM: <date_pattern>>yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss:SSS</date_pattern>, as is describe in documentation.

Attempt to push date field returns following error:

<CreateucmdbNodeResponse message="Data Type Mismatch Error"
returnCode="41" schemaRevisionDate="2020-09-30"
schemaRevisionLevel="3" status="FAILURE"

<cmn:message type="String">scxmlapi(41) - The data in the 'file.device,last.scan' field of record " " of file joincomputer contains data that does not conform to the SOA datatype in datadict</cmn:message>
</messages>

Do you have any experience with pushing date type fields from UCMDB do SM, what could cause this issue? Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.