Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Solaris Weblogic AS not being discovered

We are able to discover our other Weblogic AS instances on Linux servers, but for some reason we aren't discovering WL on Solaris. What would be different on the discovery? Does it specify the 'path' of the installation? On Solaris, it was installed in a different path than on Linux. If that is the case, I thought it looked at the processes and then derived the path of the WL installation from that. Is that not true? I haven't done much with discovery but I'm familiar with how it works and all the different scripts/protocols/methods. The proble logs don't give much detail as to the actual issue.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Solaris Weblogic AS not being discovered

Hi There,

if you are able to discover, wl servers on linux that indicates ucmdb scripts works.

there could be permission issue. make sure we can run commands on solaris server. you should be able to see list of the commands that may need to run on there. If user has all proper permissions, but issue continues, Please open support ticket and include communication log for wl job and hc by shell and systeminformation.

Thanks,

Yilmaz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Thank you for the reply. I tried to execute the commands and it doesn't like the command parameters for 'ps' in the 'Discover files and WL details'  section. Also, can you tell me how it derives <file_path> in the 'cat <file_path>' command?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Sorry, the above is from the 'JEE Weblogic by Shell' job I was looking at. It is our 'JEE Weblogic Connections by JMX' that fails. Do the other jobs in the Weblogic folder need to be run first?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi There,

we need to look at the communication log to review what is the results probe getting from wl server.

It is good idea to open support case to assigned engineer can review communication log. Make sure provide system information and wl version, too.

Thanks,

Yilmaz

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.