Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Specific version of Switches/Firewallls and Load balancer via discovery v10.31

Hi All

I just want to know if ucmdb can discover these specific versions of switches / routers /Network devices as OOB in ucmdb 10.31 . Where can I check it in the dsicovery scripts or discovery pane.

Some example are Cisco Nexus 5600 series switches,Checkpoint 2200,Aruba Access Point,Cisco Nexus 7009 N7K-SUP2E,Imperva WAF X2000 etc

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Specific version of Switches/Firewallls and Load balancer via discovery v10.31

I remember when we added support for Cisco Nexus 5k and 7k series., 2 years ago. They are supported quite well.

For the others you will have togo via Support to RnD and follow a specific flow of providing the needed information in order to adjust the SNMP based discovery flows so the proper data is modeled. 

I can tell that the Nexus switches are supported from past experience, I'm not completely sure that the other will be or won't be discovered but in case they aren't then you don't need to panic, there's a procedure to fix this.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Specific version of Switches/Firewallls and Load balancer via discovery v10.31

Thanks Bogdan. I can definitely check with support but want to tell the customer at a high level if the devices are supported or not before I dig deep into it. I just have a list of device names.

Is it possible to check in ucmdb , can I look into any script and look for OID's for a specific script. I am not sure, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Of course you can. The main SNMP discoveries are done through SNMP_HR_All adapter. There you can find the snmp_model_finder.py, which specified which OIDs are supported by some plugin. Do you have all the OIDs from the devices in question?

snmp-support.PNG

You can also develop your own scripts to scan the basic information from SNMP, but sometimes it is hard to do it, since the MIB files are proprietary and require a big pile of money to buy them. 

You can also check in ruleEngine/snmp.gz in the Adapter management. It states rules for certain SNMP discoverable devices, which can give you better idea what and how much is supported. Just ungzip it and open it with a test editor (caution:the file is big).

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.